Meet Your WTB Committee Persons
Please click the photo of your Committee Person to contact them with any questions or concerns.
What is a Committee Person?
A committee person (CP) is the representative of the Democratic Party in your district or precinct. Your CP is a volunteer who works to support Democratic candidates and elections.
How do you become a CP?
To learn more about becoming a Committee Person for WTB Dems contact our Zone Leader, Sue Martini (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also read the section below for more information on roles and types of Committee Persons.
What are the different types of Committee Persons?
- The voters in each precinct elect two CPs every four years at the spring primary. The most recent election occurred in May, 2018, so the next opportunity to be on the ballot is in 2022. Each CP serves a four-year term and there are no term limits.
- To run to be a CP, you must be a registered Democrat in the district or precinct you want to represent. To be on the ballot, you must file a petition with the County like any other candidate for office.
- Elected Committee Persons have all the rights of a Committee Person.
- If a precinct has fewer than two CPs, the open CP position(s) may be filled by appointment by the chair of the Chester County Democratic Committee, upon the recommendation of the WTB Zone Leader.
- Appointed Committee Members have all the rights and responsibilities of an Elected Committee Person.